Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Being as this was Scott and my first year in our new house, we had no idea what Halloween would be like as far as trick or treaters.  When I was at the grocery store one day, I grabbed a bag of Tootsie Pops to have on hand "just in case" some showed up.  The night before Halloween, Scott decided that was unacceptable.  "No kids like Tootsie Pops."  So back the store we went where he picked out 5 bags of other candy.  His assumption was that he would get it all when we nobody came to our house.

Holy. Hell. 

Scott called me frantically at 5:45 when I was on my way home from work because of the sheer number of kids wandering around our neighborhood.  He witnessed a giant SUV come and unload almost 10 kids and a van do the same right behind him.  It wasn't even dark yet!

Our candy lasted until 7.  In less than 1 hour, we went through 6 bags.  For fear of our house being egged, we turned out all the lights and went and met some friends for dinner and drinks.  Let's just say I'll be buying multiple bags from Costco next year!

Every year we dress the puppies up.  Scott refused to let me buy a costume for Baker, so he went au naturale.  When we were taking puppy pictures, I think he started to regret his choice.  Maybe he learned his lesson so I can get Baker a costume next year.

On a very sad note about my pictures, I took some AWESOME shots of the dogs.  They were so cute.  Then when I went to put my SD card into my computer, the card slot was empty.  My damn camera never once mentioned this to me during the 25+ shots I took.  Canon FAIL! So we had to snap some temporary pictures on our iPhones, so excuse the quality.


Aren't they just the cutest??? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment