Saturday, December 3, 2011

We got the house!

My realtor gave me the best news possible yesterday-we got the house!!  Originally, the house started out with a less than 1 in 10 chance of actually ever being ours.  As time went on, those odds became better and better as we found out more and more about the property.

Since it was a short sale, it had to first be accepted by the seller, then by the bank.  We we warned after the seller very quickly accepted the offer that we would be waiting weeks until we heard back from the bank.
Luck was apparently going our way (or it was just meant to be) because we heard back from the bank after only 5 business days.  The offer was presented to the bank Monday, and they accepted it on Friday.  Ever since hearing the news, Scott and I have been so excited and mentally gutting and remodeling the house in our head.

Some people look at my like I’m crazy when I explain that the house has great street appeal, but is disgusting inside.  And I say all of this with a smile on my face.  There is nothing more rewarding than turning a house you purchase into a home.  And while most people say remodels can tear couples and families apart (decisions, the mess, the finances), Scott and I seem to have this weird ability to get closer and closer.  The more time we spend discussing ideas and what work we want to do when (most of it is financially decided), we realize how much we both want the same thing in our home.

In Seatlle we owned a condo that gave us less than 700 square feet to make our own.  This time we have 3,618 — and we couldn’t be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment