Friday, January 6, 2012

Boy how time has flown!

I haven’t been able to update much due to a large remodel project I’m in the middle of…. :-)
Here’s a quick run down of what my first weekend looked like:
  • Saturday - taped/repainted all the molding on the bottom level (except the tops of door frames), raked leaves up
  • Sunday – started painting actual walls on the main level (Scott even was able to do the 30 foot walls in the family room most of the way!), picked up our new stove and new dishwasher
  • Monday – our personal belongings were dropped off!  I started unpacking and painting the kitchen cabinets white
  • Tuesday – unpacked and worked on the cabinets
When I write it down… it really doesn’t look like much! But let me tell you, I was BUSY! Naturally it was the 1 weekend of the month that Scott had to work so I didn’t even get much help.
We still have quite a bit to finish, but it is nice to see some progress!

Our new dishwasher: KitchenAid Superba Series

Our new stove: KitchenAid Dual Fuel Double Oven Range

The second weekend my mom and her boyfriend were in town visiting.  It was nice to have a break from the house.  All I feel like I do is work and come straight home and paint walls or cabinets.  I’ll be glad when my kitchen is back together!

This past weekend (our third weekend in the house) we again didn’t get anything done to house guests.  I LOVE have house guests since I get a break from the house.  Though it sure does drag our projects out farther and farther.

On a plus side, the cabinets are 85% done.  The bottom ones are 100% done and we only have 3 cabinets left to paint.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  We also were able to put together our guest bedroom this weekend.  We ordered a nice memory foam mattress and frame so when our guests come over they aren’t stuck on the floor (or bringing their own bed like my mom did!)

On the projects for this week/weekend is to make an uphoulstered headboard for the guest room.  We bought some plywood and are going to mess around with fabric and foam for an economical headboard option. 

After about 3 weeks in the house I can say we fall in love with it more everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment