Thursday, February 23, 2012

I think I'm in Over My Head

Today is the first time I think the house we bought was too big.

Coming from 600 something square feet of a condo, we knew when we were looking at houses we wanted something that we could grow in to.  Hence, the 3,600 something square foot mansion.  And when I say mansion, I'm comparing to the condo.  I don't actually think I live in a mansion.  Though, wouldn't that be nice ;-)

But everyday, I have a new project idea.  And everyday, I go home and am exhausted from work and don't do anything house related.  But the next day, another project.  Or another 12 project ideas.

On the plus side, I did score some awesome Craigslist/thrift store finds today.

When I started night stand shopping for our guest bedroom, I was HORRIFIED at how much a simple piece of wood furniture would cost.  And, considering I can't seem to buy a piece of furniture (new or used) without tearing it apart and changing it's appearance, thrift stores seem to be a lot more economical on the budget.

I blame Pinterest. Maybe I should have given that up for Lent instead of clothes shopping...

I found this great table for $5 -- solid wood and everything is sturdy. And refinished I think it will serve a purpose. 

$5

I also found these candle sticks for $1.99 each.  I am thinking they would look great painted teal and possibly even turned into lamps.
$2 each

Since our guest bedroom is navy, yellow and white themed, I couldn't turn down these navy blue frames for under $2 each.  They are darker than the picture looks.
$2 each

And for my final thrift store find, I found this lovely little statue.  So far, no one that I've shown seems to like him but I just adore him.

$2

Then for my splurge of the day, I found this great mirror on Craigslist.  I'm picking it up from the lady tomorrow evening.  I'm thinking this will look great over my future buffet in the dining room.

$65


All for less than $85?  I'm stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment