Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Husband Hates Me!

Every time we start a project, my mind starts to wander to the next one.  In this case, less than half the floors have the new wood on them, and I'm already planning projects far in advance.  I just received a test message that said, "Can we just finish one thing at a time please?"  Whoops!

Instead of driving him nuts, I have decided it would be good to document my ideas somewhere so I'm "telling someone" and have a place to reference back to.

Project Half Bath
Floors: Slate
New items: Pedestal sink, toilet, mirror, oil rubbed bronze faucet
Things that need to be done: Trim painted, door handle changed, walls painted, towel holder painted, light fixture painted


Source

Project Dining Room
Floors: Wood - almost complete
New items: Crown molding, wainscoting


Project Stairwell
New items: Wainscoting, wall sconce
Things to do: Stain/paint railings, hang picture collage


I have also discovered a way for me to make myself like my kitchen cabinets more.  When we moved in, I immediately painted them white to disguise the hideous oak color that I hate everywhere else in the house.  Unfortunately, I still don't love them and they seem blah.  Today I was reading a great blog called A Lovely Avenue.  While looking through her house tour, I noticed that she had bead board around the peninsula in her kitchen.
That made a light bulb go off in my head! I think the bead board would be a great finisher to our white cabinets and disguise some of that "hand painted" look that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment